Info The Future and What is to Come

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Aidoneus, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:08 AM
    Greetings everyone!

It's Aido again, here to provide a network update and insights into our future plans. Let's dive into the current situation and what's on the horizon.

Firstly, I'd like to extend my apologies to the players on All the Mods: Volcano Block. We faced a disk space issue on one of our dedicated boxes, necessitating an immediate shutdown for maintenance to safeguard the stability of our other servers. To those affected, please accept my sincere apologies. If you were impacted, reach out to me or create a ticket, and I'll be happy to offer you a complimentary month of Patron status. Rest assured, we're actively exploring solutions to prevent such occurrences in the future, including refining our server shutdown procedures.

In light of recent events and ongoing improvements, let's discuss what's in store for our community. We maintain a Collaboration page to track long-term issues and plan for future enhancements. Additionally, automated bots keep us informed about updates to the modpacks we host, offering transparency into our operations.

Let's shift our focus to Fabric. While initially hesitant, recent developments have convinced us to be more open-minded about introducing Fabric servers on MineYourMind. Given the growing popularity of Fabric modpacks among our player base and the broader Minecraft community, we're considering expanding our offerings in this direction. Our network infrastructure is already compatible, so feel free to suggest Fabric modpacks for us to explore launching a server for!

Exciting news for Minecraft enthusiasts—version 1.20.5 has been released! I'm currently compiling a checklist to ensure our support for the new Minecraft version, while also keeping an eye on the imminent release of 1.20.6.

Regarding our Server Status page, we acknowledge its lag in keeping up with new Minecraft versions. Rest assured, we're actively working on redesigning it to provide more comprehensive information on individual server performance.

Now, onto server wipes and cleanups. While we aim to minimize disruptions for existing players, periodic wipes can rejuvenate servers, improve performance, and attract new players. To address this, we're developing a server-wipe roadmap for some of our older servers that need attention. Stay tuned to our collaboration page for updates on our plans.

Lastly, I must address my recent lapse in follow-up due to personal issues. Moving forward, I'm committed to better communication and engagement with the community and staff. Your support and contributions are invaluable, and we're still in need of more staff members and volunteers. Check out our Jobs page for opportunities, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

I hope this update provides clarity on our current status and future plans!

Warm regards, Aidoneus

2. PrimalGenius

PrimalGenius Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    This is amazing news, I am really excited for the server refreshes. I have a suggestion for the older 1.12 it would be amazing if we could enable markets for these we have it for e2e but making it a standard for others, Would greatly increase voting and other aspects, I know some may see it as cheating but you only get money from voting so its a non issue tbh.

Another thing which i brought up before and im aware is not easy is we may want to consider skylands again as a gen for Po3m it would be a unique and interesting twist.

For E2e we gotta remember to manually set biomes o plenty in the config i know it caused you extreme frustration last time so just posting a reminder.